Summerville Journal Scene, September 2013
I’m fortunate enough to work for an out-of-the-boxer thinker that always pushes our team to develop creative solutions to fit the unique needs of our clients while staying in line with our brand.
For the last few weeks, I’ve been working to develop an interactive “Vacation” page. This unique sponsorship opportunity connects participating local businesses with the community they serve through reader submitted photos that will appear in both print and online. There are three sponsor positions available that include a mix of online advertisements, print advertisements, and social media promotion. The product itself includes an interactive map updated in real-time, a photo gallery of user submitted photos, and a print component in the newspaper to run a minimum of once per month.
This product will drive over $13,000 of new revenue over the course of 12 months.
- Consulted with local businesses to determine their needs and get their feedback on the idea of this product.
- Taking those needs into account, I monetized this product by developing three sponsorship packages at price points that would be attractive to our market.
- Worked with an interactive specialists who executed the back-end development of the web pages.
- Collaborated with an in-house graphic designer to create the sales collateral, print advertisement spec, and online promotional banner ads.
- Presented the product to the other members of my sales team and to potential sponsorship candidates.